I managed to convince my young and quite striking friend/aspiring actress Sarah to assume the role of Adele for my blog’s benefit. It’s definately more of an adapted look that takes inspiration from Adele’s signature cat-eye and vintage black dresses that she normally sports on the red carpet. I think she has become the icon not only in music, but in fashion. You go, Adele. You go…
Here is a step-by-step guide including products used to create this look:
1. I moisturized with Cerave then applied Revlon Photoready Color Correcting Primer evenly
2. Using Elf Mineral Foundation Brush I applied Clinique Even Better Foundation in Ivory evenly to Sarah’s face and blended down her neck
3. I combed through the brows using Elf’s Brow Brush and applied the third eyeshadow (taupey brown) in the Loreal Neutral Palette with Elf Angeled Brush to fill in her brows
4. Using the Sonia Kashuk Concealer Palette I covered any blemishes, blending out with a clean makeup sponge and then applied the translucent powder in the palette to set using my Elf Blending Brush
5. I applied the first eyeshadow (cream colored) in the Loreal Neutral Palette all over the lid and up to the browbone using EcoTools Flat Eyeshadow Brush
6. Using an EcoTools Crease Brush I applied the fourth eyeshadow (darkest brown) from the Loreal Neutral Palette underneath the socket bone and countered the socket, blending upwards and out towards the brow bone. I took the same shadow and using a small pencil brush, applied it to the lower lash line.
7. Using Maybelline Gel Liner in Black and any small eyeliner brush I applied a thick line to the top lash line and then winged out to the end to create a cat-eye effect. Then I went over this line again with Elf’s Liquid Eyeliner in Black to intesify the line.
8. After curling her lashses, I applied two coats of Too Faced Size Queen Mascara to both the top and bottom lashes
9. I applied Mac Studiofinish Concealer in NW 20 underneath the eye with my finger to heat the product. Then with the Elf Large Fluffy Face Brush, I applied Revlon’s Stay Matte Powder in Translucent all over the face
10. Using Elf’s Contour Brush, I countered applied Elf’s Mineral Blush in Pink Passion to the apples of the cheek and blended upwards towards the hairline
11. Using Elf’s Blending Brush I applied Covergirl Eyeshadow in Champagne to the tops of the cheekbones for a nice highlight
12. Finally I applied Clinique Lipstick in Tender Heart to the lips to complete the look!