After careful analysis and heated debate (with myself of course), I decided that Sarah IS Suzy Bishop from Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom. End of story. Don’t talk to me about. Just kidding do. Let’s have a discussion about it.
So I kind of took it upon myself to change the look up a little bit, but the essence of the look is still there. This really really looks great if you have blue eyes, which Sarah stole from a willing crack addict on the street and inserted into her own eyesockets to achieve. The blue eyeshadow that I use is much darker than Suzy’s actual teal eyeshadow, but you make do with what you have if you are lazy and unmotivated like me. #YOLO
1. Apart from applying Elf Mineral Infused Primer to Sarah’s face, I left the skin bare for a moment and went straight to the eyes to avoid eyeshadow fallout ruining a perfect base.
2. With my Elf Flat Eyeshadow brush I took Ben Nye’s FX Creme Eyeshow in Sapphire Blue and applied it to Sarah’s eyelids, not going beyond the socket.
3. Then with a clean Eyeshadow Brush I took my Stila Rockin’ in Rio Palette and applied iPanema (electric blue) over the cremeshadow and then took Elf’sBlending Brush to blend out the edges. I also took a small angeled brush and applied the color on her lower lashline as well.
4. Using Elf’s Liquid Eyeliner in Black, I painted a thin line close to the upperlash lashline and then flicked out to create a tiny cateye.
5. I put Shimmer Strip’s Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner in Blue on the waterline and into the inner corner of the eye.
6. After curling the lashes I applied a generous coat of Benefit’s They’re Real Masacara to the top lashes.
7. Then I applied a thin layer of Benefit’s Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation in Fair all over the face using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and set with Revlon Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transluscent.
8. After concealing under the eyes with Mac Studiofinish Concealer in NW30, I applied a bit of NARS Blush in Orgasm to the apples of Sarah’s cheeks.
This is the finished look!
The eye makeup!